The Equality Project in partnership with Mercer Australia is bringing you the Leadership Training Academy — a media and leadership training program held over two days leading up to the start of the Better Together 2018 conference.
Dates: 10th & 11th January 2018
Venue: Mercer Australia, 727 Collins Street Docklands VIC 3008
Times: 9am to 5pm on both days, lunch provided
Fee: $149 (maximum of 150 attendees)
Information about the trainers will be announced soon.There will be a networking evening with international LGBTIQ organisations that include GLAAD, the Human Rights Campaign and Stonewall UK on Wednesday 10th January 5.30pm - 7.30pm. Venue details to be announced.
9.00 am to 5.00 pm | Leadership training program
- Leadership training modules on topics of personal development, mediation and organising. More details coming soon.
5.30 pm to 7.30 pm | Meet & Greet
- Networking evening. Venue and other details coming soon.
9.00 am to 5.00 pm | GLAAD media training
- The GLAAD Media Institute provides activist, spokesperson, and media engagement training and education for LGBTIQ and allied community members and organisations desiring to deepen their media impact. Using the best practices perfected by GLAAD from more than 30 years of experience leveraging media to create change, the program aims to train the next generation of advocates to accelerate acceptance for LGBTIQ people, as well as other marginalised communities.
- Participants will understand how to get a message of inclusion and acceptance across effectively in the mainstream media narrative about the LGBTIQ community.
- Equipped with GLAAD’s Accelerating Acceptance data, GLAAD will work with you to reach and teach the "movable middle" about the LGBTIQ community through a personal lens, yours.
- Topics include LGBTIQ acceptance, understanding media mentality, speaking to your audience, messaging and framing the issue, social media basics, and interview techniques.